KINBER’s Internet2 Service is provided through partnerships with existing Internet2 connectors in Pennsylvania. The connection will provide access to all Internet2 R&E routes, including the NET+ routes.*
Four connection types are currently offered, all based on how the connection is configured at the user site.**
- 1 GE multi-use connection – where the site connection to PennREN supports general traffic and Internet2 traffic
- 1 GE Internet2-only connection – where the site connection to PennREN is dedicated to just traffic to Internet2
- 10 GE multi-use connection–where the site connection to PennREN supports both general traffic and Internet2 traffic
- 10 GE Internet2-only connection – where the site connection to PennREN supports just traffic to Internet2
Bursting, up to the full available bandwidth on the connection allowed.***
* Additional connectivity to Internet2 will be added to ensure PennREN supports the high-bandwidth, low-latency requirements.
** In order to encourage strategic use of the Internet2 connections, the PennREN Intenet2 service is based on and priced by connection type.
*** PennREN engineers will work with individual sites to configure their connection to support the specific site network traffic management requirements. Examples include, end-to-end performance tuning to support bursting up to the full bandwidth on the connection, or configuration of a shared port to ensure preferred commodity R&E traffic profiles.