Serving Healthcare Systems and Medical Organizations
KINBER is a collaborative community of education, healthcare, economic development, libraries, government and public media organizations that utilizes the high-performance Pennsylvania Research and Education Network, also known as PennREN. By offering essential services and exceptional member support, KINBER will help your healthcare system achieve its mission and goals through the ongoing discovery, application and transfer of new network technologies essential for research, health information exchange and telemedicine.
KINBER believes in the strength of a vibrant, collaborative community that can work with leading technology firms to address challenges of common interest for the common good. By connecting organizations, building relationships and sharing services, healthcare institutions can achieve far more together than they can alone.
Why Healthcare Loves KINBER
- Healthcare providers can use KINBER services to benefit from health information exchange or gain access to other services (like Disaster Recovery, Data Centers, etc.) resulting in a more efficient and effective delivery of services.
- KINBER may facilitate health-based research results in increased collaboration, improved data and resource sharing reduces costs and improves quality of care.
- KINBER may facilitate telemedicine, video consultation, remote patient monitoring, and access to specialist care.
- KINBER may help to level the playing field between urban and rural health capabilities.
- Organizations may need KINBER to support systems to meet federal meaningful use requirements and improve health outcomes.
- Healthcare organizations may have need for big data transmission and video, which KINBER enables, for research and telemedicine.
- KINBER may facilitate the ability to use and share electronic records which promotes efficient exchange of patient health and treatment records.
PennREN, KINBER’s High Speed High Capacity Network
PennREN was built and is managed by KINBER. The network provides next generation broadband to non-profit organizations across 47 counties of Pennsylvania. It enables value-added services like Ultra (4K) high-definition (UHD) video, telepresence or videoconferencing, and data sharing. The collaborative environment also provides opportunities for member institutions to share best practices, content and programs across the network and save costs using KMEX, the KINBER Member Exchange.
Interested in accessing these services? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.